Friday, August 28, 2009

Goodbye D.C.

We finished our last week in D.C. with our Summer of Service participants. Unfortunately I became so sick my last week that I was unable to attend any of the days. It was upsetting missing the last day where all of my team was crying and saying goodbye. I think it hit everyone that we won't be together every day anymore. My team called me and gave me cards saying goobye. It was real nice. Nicole has a video from the last day. Once I get the video from Nicole I will post it on here. It's great. This picture to the left is of NCCC after we finished loading all the 12 govy vans in the middle of a thunderstorm. We were all so happy to be packing up and heading back to the Point.

Once in Perry Point, we had a BBQ to celebrate the completion of our project and our survival through all the hard times. We prepared for our Debriefing presentation and then left for break. I am now on break and in San Diego writing this to you! Beth and I are spending some time at Chris's house. It has been a relaxing and, most importantly, non sweaty time so far. I'll be meeting up with some UNH friends as well. I am ending my vacation in Boston and will be home for the long weekend. Hopefully I will see some people in that short time! I can't believe that I am more than half way done with AmeriCorps....I don't want to think about it. I am having too great of an experience to think of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment