Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No Service in Vermont!


I have no phone service ever. I am online maybe once a week. I LOVE Vermont. it really is beautiful and is definitely a nice place to visit. I could never live here though. It has been a great time so far. I am surprised that I actually enjoy an environmental project given the fact that I hate bugs. The tree planting has been fun and the people we work with are great. We are living in the
 middle of nowhere. We do have a campfire pit though, which i love. alot. This picture above is of us planting the native trees of Vermont.  Below is of Beth, Tawna and I on E's farm.  She is an amazing woman who allowed us to spend a weekend camping on her farm.  We also helped her on the farm all weekend.  She uses a new way of gardening called lasagna growing.  It's called this because of all the layering, like a lasagna.  You can use this kind of gardening anywhere.  Gardens could even be built on concrete using the Lasagna style.  Her farm was probably the most beautiful place we went to in Vermont.  

















I AM COMING HOME FOR THE WEEKEND OF JUNE 5TH!!!! if anyone is around let me know! i still don't have everyone's numbers. Limited time on the computer right now. Can't wait to see everyone when i get back!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colleen,
    You didn't post your tumble in the forest. You kind of left that out. Glad your ok. Stay away from steep slopes! Can't wait til the 5th of June we'll have to go 24/7 for the weekend. Eveyone is looking forward to seeing you. Stay safe & watch for loose rocks. love mom

    ReplyDelete