Sunday, May 3, 2009

Last day of work.




 
Yesterday was our last day at the Musician's Village. Above is a picture with most of the HFH crew we worked with. I was surprisingly very sad about leaving. Didn't realize it until we were saying bye to everyone. It was kind of a weird goodbye because i know that i most likely will not see any of these people ever again. I guess I don't like that thought because they were all really great people. 
 
On Friday we went to this amazing ice cream place called Creole Creamery (look it up if u are ever down here. SO GOOD! crazy flavors.) and Drew, one of my teammates, attempted the ice cream challenge of eating this 8 scoop, 8 toppings, and much more sundae thing. it was in a giant bowl. pictures will be up eventually. unfortunately he couldn't complete the challenge and almost threw up. great end of the week! Quote from Drew " I might need to go to the hospital after this."  Only it wasn't from the ice cream. Apparently he got a splinter in his eye earlier that day from building the sheds.  Beth and I completed siding the house we were working on together for two weeks!  Below is a pic of it.

















We have an Ultimate Frisbee rematch against Badger 6's team in a half hour so i need to go get my game face on. cuz i am so intimidating on the field. Leaving NOLA on Tuesday morning. Heading for transition week in Maryland and then taking off to Vermont for three weeks!! After Vermont we will be in D.C. for the summer!! should be a good time. I'll explain more of that later. FRISBEE TIME : )
we ended up playing soccer instead.  we won 2-1 : ) Here is Badger 5


2 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen,
    So glad you arrived back to MD safely. You never know you might meet people again some where, somehow, small world out there. Looking forward to seeing you soon come June. The wedding will be a great time to chat with you & with Nana & Grampie & the Fam. love You.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen!!! I miss you so much! It's so good to hear you're having a fantastic time :-) I finished my graduate work yesterday, so all I have now is to pass my Massachusetts teacher exams and I'll be a full-fledged teacher! AND I got an interview at Randolph Middle School, so if I get the position I'll be down in your neck of the woods when you return! I look forward to hearing about your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete