Thursday, April 2, 2009

life in NOLA

OKAY so i have been real bad about writing on this blog site recently. It has just been soooo busy. Lots to do and in our free time we sleep. Not complaining though. Living down here is great and I wish we could stay longer than the 2 months. We had today off from work because of a crazy work schedule this week.

We also had saturday off. That was one of the best days down here. We usually work Saturdays. It was a gorgeous day, we bought snowballs (this really good slushy/snowcone type thing....but better. and u can get them filled with ice cream. so good! and there goes my plan of getting in better shape...), and we went to the Crawfish festival at night! they even had some of those wonderfully creaky old carnival rides. reminded me of the Quincy Carvnial haha. There were crawfish races at this festival. People choose a crawfish that has a number on its back. then they bang the table to try and get the crawfish closer to them.... it's a lil odd. but hysterical and fun to watch. I am writing this late at night and should be in bed. sorry if this makes no sense! There are alot of festivals down here, all with delicious food.


There is a whole bunch of stuff going on! i just can't write about 
it now because i am falling asleep. Oh 3 of my team members got tattoos today. that was memorable. and no DAD it wasn't me. yet. : ) they each got a fleur de lis symbol.  



lets seeeeee, what else is new. OHHH, how about that this past week was depressing because i officially have taken on Leanne's role of losing things.

Here is my list this past week.... AmeriCorps sweatshirt (that i wear all the time), my favorite green necklace (the blown glass one from UNH. i am SO MAD), Digital camera (with all my pics thus far. this is why u haven't seen much.), my sunglasses (yup. the aviator ones i fell in love with and didn't care how much they were.), and my water bottle (which isn't a big deal, just something else to add to the growing list).

i had to vent about that. i am a little upset with myself and i am hoping those things turn up. i think someone stole my camera instead of turning it in to the front office at Camp Hope because I went back to where I left it and it was gone. ohhh well. That's communal living for ya. i really should go to bed now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Col,
    sounds like you have a lot on your mind. Maybe you should slow down abit. Spring has come to New England a few more weeks & maybe will hit 50's. Opening day for the Sox today, Mike went in with the guys. Miss you & keep in touch. You forgot about washing your phone! We still love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete